Re: dh and maven

Hi Wolodja,

On 7.8.2013 20:35, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
Oh, that is great to hear. Where can I find additional information about this
dh based build system? I would very much prefer to use that in lieu of CDBS
for some new packages that use Maven.

basically there is source code in maven-debian-helper package [1], for an example
usage see libjavaewah-java I've already mentioned.

In most cases it is enough to just add into debian/rules:

dh $@ --buildsystem=maven

debian/maven.rules etc. work the same way as in cdbs based build.

So far only Maven 2 is supported, but experimental code for Maven 3 is also
available in git[2].

The buildsystem is new and very few packages are using it, so there can be some rough
edges. Please be patient and report any bugs you find.

Regards,

Jakub

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/maven-debian-helper.git;a=blob;f=share/perl/maven.pm;h=c535d376c5eb4348fa0512c48ff172f0168dae64;hb=8d2fe0c12234d105c796a8b51ea782af44f8e88f

[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/maven-debian-helper.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/topic-maven3