Re: Auto-generating versioned dependencies for Java packages (via maven/java helpers)

Mathieu Malaterre <malat@debian.org> writes:

> I am not a java expert clearly but I fear that maintaining those symbols
> will be difficult, maybe just as difficult as C++ symbols are (think:
> java generics).

It would be somewhat less difficult than C++ symbols because Java doesn't
have interfaces that change based on the word size or low-level data types
of the hosting platform, which is where a lot of the complexity of C++
symbol handling comes in.

We would need to store something equivalent to the C++ mangled name so
that we can capture all the details of the ABI.