Re: RFS: eclipse (new upstream release with Java 7 support)

Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> writes:
Hi,

> On 12/30/2011 11:23 PM, Jakub Adam wrote:
>>> on which platforms? i.e. are the "architecture templates" updated to build on
>>> more than amd64 and i386?
>>
>> There are arm, ia64, mips, ppc and sparc in the additional architectures - see
>> contents of
>> debian/eclipse-build-additionalArchs.tar.bz2.
>>
>> I tried to build the armel variant and successfully compiled
>> org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.arm
>> plugin, which failed in previous 3.7.0-1 version[1], though I wasn't able to
>> finish the complete
>> build because of insufficient amount of RAM (seems it's not possible to use more
>> than 256MB
>> with arm in qemu).
>
> currently the heap of a process on ARM is limited to 2GB (which is still not
> enough to build eclipse).  There is a fix submitted upstream which should help
> with this (https://launchpad.net/bugs/861296), although it needs deployment on
> the armel and armhf builders as well.  This will allow building some more
> haskell packages as well.

The patches have been merged in different trees:

- http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commit;h=41dfaa934c5d866d626de9bea785e6168524a47e
- http://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/git/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-2.6-arm.git;a=commit;h=7dbaa466780a754154531b44c2086f6618cee3a8

3.2 will have the first patch but the second is for 3.3.

Arnaud