Re: Putting Netbeans on Hold

On 26/06/11 16:01, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> Le mardi 21 juin 2011 23:30:40, Andrew Ross a écrit :
>> I've now pushed an updated copyright file to the repository. I think
>> I've found all the files that are under a different license.
>
> It seems that you have modified debian/orig-tar.sh to remove *.nbm files from
> tarball but there is still some *.nbm files in pristine-tar generated archive :
> /autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/org-
> yourorghere-depending_on_new_one_engine.nbm
> /autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/org-
> yourorghere-independent.nbm
> /autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/org-
> yourorghere-engine.nbm
> /autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/com-sun-
> testmodule-cluster.nbm
> /autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/modules/autoupdate/updateprovider/data/org-
> yourorghere-depending.nbm
> /autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/org-
> yourorghere-depending.nbm
> /autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/com-sun-
> testmodule-eager.nbm
> /autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/org-
> yourorghere-independent-1-1.nbm
> /autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/org-
> yourorghere-brokendepending.nbm
> /autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/org-
> yourorghere-engine-1-2.nbm
> /autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/org-
> yourorghere-executable-permissions.nbm
> /autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/org-
> yourorghere-engine-1-1.nbm
>
> I think that you'll have to :
> - import new upstream tarball into upstream branch
> - merge this into master branch
> - recompute and commit pristine-tar xdelta
>
> Cheers,

Hi Damien,

Yes, I found my mistake in orig-tar.sh when I started looking at
re-packing the NetBeans ide zip file. I actually already included a note
about those nbm files in debian/README.source, although I think you're
right that it would be better to remove them.

Since the platform source is included in the IDE source, can you think
of any reason not to just build the platform binary packages from the
main IDE source zip at the same time as building the rest of the IDE? It
would mean we'd only have one source package to maintain.

Andy