Re: RFS: remotetea - Sun ONC/RPC support for Java

Le Sat, 8 Aug 2009 13:42:50 +0100,
Matthew Johnson <mjj29@debian.org> a écrit :

> Hi Picca, the package looks very nice, however, I have a few small
> queries about it.
>
>  - You have set DM-Upload-Allowed: yes in the control file. I would
>  rather this field be omitted unless there is actually a DM (as far
> as I can see, you aren't yet) in Uploaders and after review by a DD.

ok so I removed it from the control file.

>  - the package is named remotetea, it includes a library which should
> be depended on (at a guess) by packages built using the tool. If this
> is the case then you should probably have a libremotetea-java package
>  which goes in the build-deps. Are the jars which provide the binary
>  different from those which provide the library?

In fact no the executable use the same .jars thant the 3 libraries.
I am wondering if it I needed to split the current remotetea package
into because of the size of this package. The overhead to split it is
maybe  not necessary.

libremotetea-java
and a jrpcgen binary package depending on this libremotetea-java

tell me how you want me tpo split it and I will do it.

thanks.

>  - You've given the debian/ copyright as GPL3 but the rest is GPL2+.
>  Aside from the fact I don't like the  GPL3, this means the resulting
>  binary package is GPL3 and can't be used with other GPL2-only
> packages. I generally think it's a bad principle to have a different
> licence for the packaging as for the rest of the software. Would you
> consider changing that to 2+?

ok no problem GPL2+ but the rest is LGPL2+ instead of GPL2+

tell me if you want it LGPL2+ or GPL2+ :)

>  - Given you are repacking the sources you should indicate this in the
>  version. Normally people append .dfsg if it's a free/nonfree issue or
>  .debian otherwise.

in fact I repackage it only for this reason zip -> tar.gz
So I need to rename it remotetea-1.0.7.debian.tar.gz ?

>  - debian/rules clean doesn't remove the javadoc or classes
> directories. This means that if you dpkg-buildpackage twice it fails
> to create the source package. You need to call ant clean in the
>  override_dh_auto_clean target

it is strange but when I do
debuild clean it execute the ant clean target which remove the classes
and javadoc part.

maybe are you using the wrong debhelper version > 7.0.50

>  - *embarassed* you seem to have triggered a bug in jh_depends where
> it depends on jarwrapper but not a JVM. I've fixed it and just
> uploaded 0.21. Once that's in I can rebuild and upload a version of
> remote tea with any fixes from the above.

Ok so once you answer my questions, I will trigger you to look at the
maybe "final" version of remotetea.

Thanks

Frederic