Re: RFS: remotetea - Sun ONC/RPC support for Java

On Mon Aug 10 13:07, Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> >  - the package is named remotetea, it includes a library which should
> > be depended on (at a guess) by packages built using the tool. If this
> > is the case then you should probably have a libremotetea-java package
> >  which goes in the build-deps. Are the jars which provide the binary
> >  different from those which provide the library?
>
> In fact no the executable use the same .jars thant the 3 libraries.
> I am wondering if it I needed to split the current remotetea package
> into because of the size of this package. The overhead to split it is
> maybe  not necessary.
>
> libremotetea-java
> and a jrpcgen binary package depending on this libremotetea-java
>
> tell me how you want me tpo split it and I will do it.

Do you need all three for the library? If so, there's nothing you can do
and leave it like it is.

> >  - You've given the debian/ copyright as GPL3 but the rest is GPL2+.
> >  Aside from the fact I don't like the  GPL3, this means the resulting
> >  binary package is GPL3 and can't be used with other GPL2-only
> > packages. I generally think it's a bad principle to have a different
> > licence for the packaging as for the rest of the software. Would you
> > consider changing that to 2+?
>
> ok no problem GPL2+ but the rest is LGPL2+ instead of GPL2+
>
> tell me if you want it LGPL2+ or GPL2+ :)

oops! yes, I meant the same as the upstream licence (-:

> >  - Given you are repacking the sources you should indicate this in the
> >  version. Normally people append .dfsg if it's a free/nonfree issue or
> >  .debian otherwise.
>
> in fact I repackage it only for this reason zip -> tar.gz
> So I need to rename it remotetea-1.0.7.debian.tar.gz ?

Ah, right, I thought you'd done more to it.

> >  - debian/rules clean doesn't remove the javadoc or classes
> > directories. This means that if you dpkg-buildpackage twice it fails
> > to create the source package. You need to call ant clean in the
> >  override_dh_auto_clean target
>
> it is strange but when I do
> debuild clean it execute the ant clean target which remove the classes
> and javadoc part.

try:

dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

^^ this should work.

> maybe are you using the wrong debhelper version > 7.0.50

I'm using 7.2.6 from backports. If it's fixed in unstable that's fine.

> >  - *embarassed* you seem to have triggered a bug in jh_depends where
> > it depends on jarwrapper but not a JVM. I've fixed it and just
> > uploaded 0.21. Once that's in I can rebuild and upload a version of
> > remote tea with any fixes from the above.
>
> Ok so once you answer my questions, I will trigger you to look at the
> maybe "final" version of remotetea.

Sure
Matt

--