Re: RFS: remotetea - Sun ONC/RPC support for Java

On Wed Aug 05 11:46, Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> Dear debian-java readers,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "remotetea".

Hi Picca, the package looks very nice, however, I have a few small
queries about it.

 - You have set DM-Upload-Allowed: yes in the control file. I would
 rather this field be omitted unless there is actually a DM (as far as I
 can see, you aren't yet) in Uploaders and after review by a DD.

 - the package is named remotetea, it includes a library which should be
 depended on (at a guess) by packages built using the tool. If this is
 the case then you should probably have a libremotetea-java package
 which goes in the build-deps. Are the jars which provide the binary
 different from those which provide the library?

 - You've given the debian/ copyright as GPL3 but the rest is GPL2+.
 Aside from the fact I don't like the  GPL3, this means the resulting
 binary package is GPL3 and can't be used with other GPL2-only packages.
 I generally think it's a bad principle to have a different licence for
 the packaging as for the rest of the software. Would you consider
 changing that to 2+?

 - Given you are repacking the sources you should indicate this in the
 version. Normally people append .dfsg if it's a free/nonfree issue or
 .debian otherwise.

 - debian/rules clean doesn't remove the javadoc or classes directories.
 This means that if you dpkg-buildpackage twice it fails to create the
 source package. You need to call ant clean in the
 override_dh_auto_clean target

 - *embarassed* you seem to have triggered a bug in jh_depends where it
 depends on jarwrapper but not a JVM. I've fixed it and just uploaded
 0.21. Once that's in I can rebuild and upload a version of remote tea
 with any fixes from the above.

Matt
--
Matthew Johnson