Re: Request for review

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Matthew Johnson <mjj29@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon Mar 23 23:51, Dominik Smatana wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to get my package png-sixlegs
>> (svn://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-java/trunk/png-sixlegs/) reviewed by
>> potential sponsor.
>
> Hi, I've had a look at the stuff in svn.
>
> You should not have an alternate build dep, they don't work properly in
> pbuilder and we want repeatable build every time with the same JDK no
> matter which is installed. Pick one; if default-jdk works, we recommend
> that.

Thanks for explanation, fixed in r8112.

> For the dependency on the library we are now requesting that
> libraries do not depend on runtimes at all.

Fixed in r8112, I think "Debian policy for Java" (
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/java-policy/x105.html )
should be updated to stop confusing newbie packagers like me :)

>I also wouldn't recommend a
> web browser for the doc either, it's really not necessary.

Fixed in r8112.

> The long description seems malformatted with stray ^Ms, please make sure
> it's wrapped at 80 cols and uses unix line endings.

What a shame! No comment... fixed in r8112 :(

> Because we want repeatability you also need to ensure that you always
> use the same javac to build, no matter what the alternative is. Since
> you are manually compiling and jaring, may I suggest javahelper, which
> has a module to do this for you (and also a bunch of other useful
> things). There is documentation in the javahelper package.
>
> Current java policy says you should install a versionned jar and a plain
> symlink in /usr/share/java. I'm unconvinced of the utility of this, but
> it's what's recommended. javahelper also can do this for you.

TBD, I'm getting myself familiar with javahelper and cdbs, I didn't
know about these...

> Finally, please remove all the dh_ lines which are commented out if you
> aren't using them.

Fixed in r8112 (debian/rules will be replaced by cdbs version anyway soon).

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

Regards
Dominik Smatana