Re: Request for review

On Mon Mar 23 23:51, Dominik Smatana wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to get my package png-sixlegs
> (svn://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-java/trunk/png-sixlegs/) reviewed by
> potential sponsor.

Hi, I've had a look at the stuff in svn.

You should not have an alternate build dep, they don't work properly in
pbuilder and we want repeatable build every time with the same JDK no
matter which is installed. Pick one; if default-jdk works, we recommend
that. For the dependency on the library we are now requesting that
libraries do not depend on runtimes at all. I also wouldn't recommend a
web browser for the doc either, it's really not necessary.

The long description seems malformatted with stray ^Ms, please make sure
it's wrapped at 80 cols and uses unix line endings.

Because we want repeatability you also need to ensure that you always
use the same javac to build, no matter what the alternative is. Since
you are manually compiling and jaring, may I suggest javahelper, which
has a module to do this for you (and also a bunch of other useful
things). There is documentation in the javahelper package.

Current java policy says you should install a versionned jar and a plain
symlink in /usr/share/java. I'm unconvinced of the utility of this, but
it's what's recommended. javahelper also can do this for you.

Finally, please remove all the dh_ lines which are commented out if you
aren't using them.

HTH,
Matt

--