Re: RFS: omegat 1.7.3.u2+dfsg-2

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Tiago Saboga <tiagosaboga@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:33:34AM +0530, Onkar Shinde wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> Hi Onkar!
>
>> I am looking for sponsor this package. I have ported most of the
>> changes done in Ubuntu to pkg-java svn. I have tested that package
>> builds in pbuilder and runs properly with openjdk.
>
> I am not a DD, but I made all versions of omegat package until now. I
> have looked at your version, and everything seems fine, but I see no
> point uploading a new version of 1.7.3.u2 when 1.8.1 has been released
> as stable - except if you are looking for a freeze exception. As for
> 1.8.1, it's blocked by bug #480074.

Tiago,

My main purpose of doing those changes was that if this revision was
uploaded in Debian, I could just ask for a sync in Ubuntu instead of
maintaining the difference.
I am not planning to ask for freeze exception. Do you that a package
moving to main (built with openjdk now) is a good reason for asking
exception?

By the way, you can still upload this revision to unstable and then
work for update to 1.8. Since you are the uploader, I leave the
decision to you. I am not a regular user of the application. But if
there is anything I can help with in packaging, let me know.

Onkar