Re: openfire debian package

Matthew Johnson a écrit :
> On Fri Jun 13 19:52, Yann Rouillard wrote:
>>> 4)  There are many other jars in the tarball, and these should be removed
>>> as well (even though you have included their copyrights/licenses in
>>> debian/copyright). Generally binaries are not allowed in the orig.tar.gz
>>> files (because of potential licensing issues, concerns about if the
>>> package [and its dependencies] can be built from free source, size of
>>> archive etc).
>> So this means I have to make a debian package for all the jars that are
>> not in debian. Outch, this will really be a lot of work.
>> Openfire uses 30/40 java libraries that are not packaged in Debian.
>
> Yes, this is the policy. If these libraries are simple then packaging
> them is fairly quick and easy. Have a look at the javahelper package
> which contains scripts to make your life a lot easier.

Hi again,

Thanks for your answers and advices.

I began to work on packaging jars used by openfire to be able to remove
them for the openfire package.

I began with jdmns, jstun and shaj for which I opened ITP bug [1] [2] [3].

It would be great if you could you review these packages, so I have some
feedback before I work on the remaining ones.

You will find the packages in my personal repository:

http://debian.pleiades.fr.eu.org/unstable/shaj_0.5-1.diff.gz
http://debian.pleiades.fr.eu.org/unstable/shaj_0.5-1.dsc
http://debian.pleiades.fr.eu.org/unstable/shaj_0.5-1_i386.changes
http://debian.pleiades.fr.eu.org/unstable/shaj_0.5.orig.tar.gz