Re: java dependency substvars and native compilation

* Matthew Johnson:

> It also makes sense for libraries; Java recursively adds the
> classpath, so a library which depended on other libraries would have
> one so that applications don't have to guess what libraries their
> libraries may use.

Looking at the spec, this doesn't seem to be required.  But it makes
sense to do this, and according to my limited experiments, the
reference implementation behaves that way.

Otherwise, we would be in the unlucky position that adding an internal
dependency to a library would break all reverse dependencies of that
library.  Now we only need a replacement for symbol versioning, and
Java has got a real linker. 8-)