Re: [Debian-java] Lending a hand

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 01:41:32AM +0100, Vincent Fourmond wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>   I've noticed that some of the packages maintained by the team are in
> not-such-a-good shape (I'm thinking about libbatik-java: no manual
> pages, at least one executable simply always fails - and apparently a
> new upstream is ready). Could I join the team and lend a hand (alioth
> login fourmond) ? I'm starting to be quite experienced with team work
> (Ruby and Games) and I have already three java packages in the archive.
>
>   I'm interested in putting batik back into a better shape, and I'm also
> interested in statcvs as I want to package statsvn. I'd also glady give
> up my two java libraries to the team (the last package is already
> team-maintained).
>
>   Additionally, I'm a rather responsive sponsor, in the case you might
> be lacking some of those.

Welcome in the team. It's nice to have you in the team.

Please note that batik is a not so simple package. Its tied to its
rdepends. Please keep that in mind. Also its in contrib. We should move
it to main if possible at all. This needs to be done with care, as most
java packages miss features when built with certain runtimes.

Thanks for taking care.

Cheers
Michael