Re: high system cpu load while running several java machines on 2.6 kernels

Hello!

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 09:51:28AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > Could anybody point me where I have to look for the reasons of this
> > issue?
>
> You should try to get thread dumps from the VMs while this is
> happening, to discover what they are doing.

It's a good idea, but I amn't sure how to do it. This load happens
by chance and when I reach the server I see load average that is
falling down and high syscpu load in the atop.log that had been caused
by one of the java applications.

> The autoconfiguration code might pick different parameters on 2.4 or
> 2.6 kernels (for instance, if your 2.4 kernel does not support SMP or
> hyperthreading).  Have you checked that?

Yes, but I didn't find anything very different. For example both 2.4 and
2.6 kernels supports SMP in my systems.

--
WBR,
Alexander Burnos