Re: Request for checking: Java library tagsoup (ITP #359170)

Marcus,

Many thanks for this - exactly what I wanted. I think I have rather heavily cut-and-pasted without understanding all of the underlying details. I'll follow up your ideas below and re-package.

Just a couple of questions, as annotated below, if you don't mind...

Marcus Better wrote:
Is this a library? Please name the binary package "libtagsoup-java". The
source package can (and should) remain "tagsoup".
This is a bit of a gray area. TagSoup is predominantly a library, but has a "Main" method which is used fairly frequently as a development tool. "java -jar tagsoup.jar" often appears in documentation so I'm not sure about renaming it; what do you think?

The paragraph

 "The license for TagSoup is the disjunction of the Academic Free License,
 version 3.0, and the GNU General Public License, version 2.0.  You may
 do anything that either of these licenses allows you to do."

could be made clearer,
Yes, I agree it could be clearer. This was the original author's wording; am I at liberty to change it?

Many thanks,
Paul