Re: java-compiler

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Barry Hawkins wrote:

We would probably be best served by consolidating to just java-compiler,
since java1 is so irrelevant at this point.

That sounds reasonable. Especially given that a quick inspection of the
most popular compilers indicates that they all provide java-compiler,
and noone uses 1 or 2.

Would it not be equally reasonable to combine java1-runtime and
java2-runtime?
[...]
+1 on that suggestion as well.  It has been discussed before and IIRC
most of us are in favor of it.  Others please weigh in with a +/-1 and
any comments/concerns.  A big thanks to Charles for investing the time
to build our concensus on several things and move things forward these days.

Are there any plans yet for what to do with 1.5 with regards virtual
packages and dependencies?

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson