Re: svn repository

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 03:48:45PM -0500, Charles Fry wrote:
> I set up a sample repository at:

(...)

Great, thanks. You prevented the problems that made me give up by simply
not converting the tagged releases we have of each package. So it'll be
harder to find back a specific release this way, at least, those of
before the migration. I'm not really sure what I think of this, but as
otherwise this migration might be much delayed even further...

> Let me konw how things go, and whether or not this seems usable. If
> there are strong feelings against this directory structure, we can of
> course discuss it futher (though this is probably the only structure
> that I am personally willing to commit time to support).

You'll need to use fsfs, because bdb for svn causes problems... like,
eh, I already ruined it, it seems :-/:

svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/cfry-guest/pkg-java/db:
DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
svn: bdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery

(probably permissions related).

So I can't really check the directory structure you created, though it
sounded ok to me. I still feel slight more in favour of releases as
opposed to 'tags', but that's just a preference.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl