Re: svn repository

> > > You've been elected to do the CVS to svn transition, congratulation! ;-)
> >
> > Accepted. ;-)
>
> I feel pity for you :)

Well, at this point I'm willing to work hard to avoid using CVS. ;-)

> > Alternatively we could work with upstream to get support for the
> > {trunk,tags,branches,...}/package layout, which would allow users to
> > checkout the trunk version of all packages at the same time. An
> > unintegrated patch has been submitted to upstream, so this may yet be a
> > reasonable approach. As a matter of fact, the more I think about it, the
> > more this layout sounds the best.
>
> Yeah, getting all the trunks in one checkout is useful... But the
> problem is with branches and tags (the latter I prefer to call
> 'releases' because that's what they mostly are, and if we really want
> tags, to have both tags & releases)): they'd really need to be separated
> logically (per package).

They are. Note that the layout is "{trunk,tags,branches,...}/package".

> > Normally packages are imported using svn-inject for each package, but
> > then we would lose the CVS histories. I'd like to try to import using
> > cvs2svn, but I'll need to research the minimum requirements of
> > svn-buildpackage for this purpose.
>
> cvs2svn is problematic... It's too limited for what we want. Tags get
> without any package qualification in a toplevel tags dir, etc... And
> there's where I (temporarily) gave up, I didn't feel like going to do
> cvs2svn hacking, or writing a small perl script to mangle the svndump
> intermediate into something we want.

Well, we could always run it with --trunk-only, and start tags and
branches afresh in svn. Were there any other issues you recal? I'll go
ahead and give this a run locally...

Charles

--
Are your whiskers