Re: Replacing packaged libraries with standard libraries

Hi,

that brought me a good step forward (js.jar part of rhino, how obvious! :> ).

I still have the following jar files remaining:
freemind/lib/ant/lib/jaxb-api.jar ws-jaxme, free, no .deb
freemind/lib/ant/lib/jaxb-impl.jar ws-jaxme, free, no .deb
freemind/lib/ant/lib/jaxb-libs.jar ws-jaxme, free, no .deb
freemind/lib/ant/lib/namespace.jar ws-jaxme??
freemind/lib/ant/lib/xsdlib.jar https://msv.dev.java.net/, Apache-LICENSE-1.1.txt, free? (I assume), no .deb freemind/plugins/help/jhall.jar -> http://java.sun.com/products/javahelp/, Sun's library, license unclear

And the following files have been introduced in CLASSPATH:
/usr/share/java/relaxngDatatype.jar:\
/usr/share/java/commons-lang.jar:\
/usr/share/java/batik.jar:\
/usr/share/java/fop.jar:\
/usr/share/java/xml-apis.jar:\
/usr/share/java/xercesImpl.jar:\
/usr/share/java/js.jar:\

Everything seems to work fine, with the exception that I get the following exception when I try to export to PDF:

org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException: The specified XML document fragment is not an SVG document at org.apache.fop.svg.PDFTranscoder.transcode(PDFTranscoder.java:163) at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:132)
        at plugins.svg.ExportPdf.startupMapHook(ExportPdf.java:70)

On the other hand, SVG export works like a charm!? I have an idea that fop from Debian depends on xerces(1) whereas the freemind SVG plugin comes with xerces2. Might it be the problem? Any other thought?

Thanks anyway for all the help, the package's size has already halfed.

Does someone volunteer to create packages for jaxme, xsdlib and jhall or should I create corresponding RFP (or ITP of course...).

Cheers, Eric

Wolfgang Baer wrote:
Hi Eric,

Eric Lavarde wrote:

Hi,

that was a bit the sense of my question?!.. ;-)

I've already identified (+ version + -java):
libbatik (for the svg plugin)
libxerces
libjaxp
libcommon-lang
librelaxng-datatype

The following ones seem to be as well pretty standard (and free!?), but I couldn't identify them as part of a Debian package:
- jaxb (not p, seems to live at Apache.org)
- js.jar (seems to be some javascript implementation from Mozilla.org)
- pdf-transcoder.jar (no idea?!)

Any idea on these missing classes?

jaxb is the Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB) specified by sun.
 From apache there exists an open source implementation under the
name jaxme : http://ws.apache.org/jaxme/

js.jar is provided by the rhino package in debian.

Quick googleling gives me hints that pdf-transcoder is part or included
in the xml-fop project on apache - http://xml.apache.org/fop/

Regards,

Wolfgang

PS: Are you subscribed to debian-java or should I CC you ?

--
Gewalt ist die letzte Zuflucht der Inkompetenz.
    Violence is the Last Resort of the Incompetent.