How to _best_ depend on non-free Java packages?

Hi,

I'm maintaining the freemind package (<ad>nice software</ad>), which doesn't work with free implementations (yes, yes, I know, why and all this kind of thing; let's say it's not a priority for upstream and my Java knowledge is near to 0).

Anyway, I'm facing something which I thought would be an FAQ but I couldn't find a satisfactory answer yet. Point me if I missed it.

I got the bugs #291946 (freemind doesn't work with java 1.3) and #292182 (freemind does only work with Blackdown/Sun "complete" implementation) and I asked for advice on debian-mentor, where the result was: I can't rely on virtual packages and need to rely on the "real" stuff.

Aligned with the yet-to-come Java Policy, my Depends looks currently like this:
Depends: j2re1.4 | java2-runtime, j2re1.4 | java-virtual-machine
and I understand that I should change it to something like:
Depends: blackdown-j2re1.4 | blackdown-j2re1.5 | sun-j2re1.4 | sun-j2re1.5

As java-package seems to be using j2re1.4 and j2re1.5 as virtual packages for "complete" implementation packages, I might even try:
Depends: blackdown-j2re1.4 | blackdown-j2re1.5 | j2re1.4 | j2re1.5

What is the "official" opinion of the Java maintainers on what the proper Depends should be in such a situation (even if it might hurt you to have an opinion on non-free software :> )?

Thanks, Eric

PS: I just subscribed to the list, so no direct answer required.

--
Gewalt ist die letzte Zuflucht der Inkompetenz.
    Violence is the Last Resort of the Incompetent.