Re: eight packages could possibly go to main!

Jerry Haltom <jhaltom@feedbackplusinc.com> writes:

> Curiously,
>
> Can building these .class files built with Kaffee prevent their usage
> with a non-free alternative JVM? If Kaffe is totally Java standards
> compliant, then that's cool... is that the case? Will there be ANY
> deficiencies in these classes by building them with Kaffee?

It should be the case! If not, you have to file a bug and then we'll
rebuild the package with non-free JDK and report the problem upstream (I
already did with some strange problem when building libsaxon-java but I
should detected it because some .class files were missing!).

In most cases (not to say all), if it build with free compiler, it runs
with free JVM. GNU/Classpath try to avoid 'dumb' classes and I think
Kaffe did never do that.

> If so, then I can see this causing problems when a user wants to run an
> alternative JVM (Because kaffee is missing certain functionality, etc).

You're totally right, it's a bug and please let us know!

--
Arnaud