Re: Let Jikes (finally) go into testing on its own...

> Yes, that makes it nice for users, but creates confusion for packagers.

FWIW, I would expect packagers to know what epochs are and how to deal
with them.

> I agree the extra source packages are a bigger pain that will be
> temporary, while the epoch solution is a mild pain that will last forever.

Having been forced by unhappy external constraints to use epochs in some
of my packages, I discovered that they bugged me for about a day and
them I got used to them and they bothered me no more.  As a developer,
you put them in your changelog and forget about them.  As a user, you
barely even notice they're there.

Ben.