Re: Let Jikes (finally) go into testing on its own...

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 11:51:50PM +0100, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> Adam Majer <adamm@galacticasoftware.com> writes:
>
> > It doesn't really matter to me. I just need everyone to agree on this
> > so that the wrappers don't simply dissapear. Grzegorz (SableVM) surely
> > will agree. gij will probably have little problem with this either.
> >
> > I just need a yes from both Ean (Kaffe) and John (Classpath). I can
> > upload a new version of jikes tomorrow if everyone agrees.
>
> John aggreed, and as a futur-possible-co-maintainer of kaffe, I do
> agree. If Ean objects, I'll not include the script.

I know that Ean objected to the same proposal a few months ago, but
I really think that doesn't really matter anymore. To paraphrase, he
said that he doesn't want kaffe to get stuck in sid due to
jikes. I can vouch that this will not happen.

Thus I'll upload a new version of jikes in a few hours without any
wrappers. Everyone should make their packages either epoch 2
(ie. version 2:x.x.x) or make sure they are later or equal to
1:1.19 or so. Anything else would mess up the upgrade path.

I'm not sure how long it will take these wrappers to dissapear from
sid by themselves (ie. not build from jikes source). I'm guessing
a few days at least. Someone could of course file bugs against
ftp-master to get them removed, but I think we should wait a few
days for the change to happen automatically.

Again, I will upload a wrapper-free jikes in a few hours. If someone
wants to object, they should do so now :-]

Sincerely,
- Adam