Re: Let Jikes (finally) go into testing on its own...

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 09:49:44PM -0500, Grzegorz B. Prokopski wrote:
> W li?cie z nie, 18-01-2004, godz. 19:41, Adam Majer pisze:
> > PS. Furthermore, since these wrappers are NOT and should not be dependent
> > on version of the JVM (or kaffe), they should be maintained such that
> > they work with ALL the versions of the JVM. This should be simple enough :)
>
> Speaking of maintenace. Currently jikes is at version 1.18-6. This means
> that currently these wrappers are also at version 1.18-6. Once they're
> moved to respective JVMs - they'll have the same versions as each JVM.
>
> gij       - 4:3.3.2-2   - wrapper is in testing, but will be upgraded
> kaffe     - 1:1.1.3-0.2 - wrapper is in testing, but will be upgraded
> classpath - 0.06-2      - no wrapper in testing, unstable won't be upg.
> sablevm   - 1.0.9+svnXX - no wrapper in testing, unstable won't be upg.

jikes is at  1:1.18-6
stable is at 1:1.15-2

Currently there are no wrappers in testing. Only stable has gij and kaffe.
There is no jikes in testing, only in stable.

So it would be best to move kaffe, classpath and sablevm to 2:... versions.
I'm assuming here that the X: part is not part of upstream (generally, it is not)

I guess if we can't work something out, we'll just have to fix kaffe :)

- Adam