Re: Policy: java1-runtime

In message:  <[🔎] 3F3D52E2.5000802@inria.fr>
             Daniel Bonniot <Daniel.Bonniot@inria.fr> writes:

>>>I would think that java2 is a superset of java1.
>>
>>Unfortunately, this is not the case; the deprecation of methods and
>>classes make java2 an intersecting set, not a superset of java1.
>
>Deprecated features are still available.

In the Sun (or Sun-derived) SE and EE versions, yes.  Not in ME, and
not in kaffe as of my last inspection (some time ago, alas).  One
area I have found to be particularly poorly supported (in various
VMs on Windows, where I'm actually paid to pay attention to such
things) is in the parameters to Scrollbar: setLineIncrement and
setPageIncrement are frequently missing or ineffective in Java2
implementations.  Within the core classes, coverage is better,
but by no means perfect; unfortunately, I don't have examples
ready to hand for those.

- Alex