tag library policy?

Is there a synopsis somewhere on how to package tag libraries?

Some of the tag libraries I have in mind are:

  jcalendar(?) - dynamic calendars
  displaytag - decorated tables
               (see http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/)
  country - pulldown tags with list of countries, states, etc
  (name escapes me at moment) - dynamic plots
  google - easy referal to Google searches

In all cases, the "product" is a jar file which is copied into the web application's class path and a TLD descriptor file that is part of the webapp metadata. A loose analogy is Perl modules, but it's conventional to copy the jar and tld locally.

/usr/share/java is clearly inappropriate, IMHO, since these libraries only make sense in the context of JSP.

Bear