Re: Documenting "Debian JAVA_HOME" [was: Re: findjava requirement]

Hallo Grzegorz,

* Grzegorz B. Prokopski wrote:
>Is anyone willing to create "Debian Java_Home" document draft?
>Or maybe you don't like the idea?

Before you do that, please read the discussion, which has taken place
since my first proposal. The first one did try to mandate a
'java-environment' and there were a *lot* argument about that. Next
thing I tried was 'unfree-java-environment-version' and 'everything
else seperatly' and this was also rejected for similar reasons.

The current proposal has the requirements for certain 'JAVA_HOME'
style files and dirs. This is for ant, so that packaging matters are
as easy as posible.

Everything else is IMO (and after the discussion...) not possible. We
can't put out a standard, which will be voided by the next version of
the VMs. Especially, when sun has its thumb on 'Java' and that like.

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net
     "Wer nicht fragt, bleibt dumm."