Re: findjava requirement

Dalibor Topic wrote:

I think that JAVA_HOME is quite pointless, as the only good use for it seems to
be to locate JNI headers. It's an ill-defined ad-hoc 'standard' that isn't even
supported by Sun. Programs that rely on JAVA_HOME to be able to access
internals of the VM are inherently broken, they just start to notice it on free
VMs ;)

Fully agreed. I have no idea what JAVA_HOME should be, for sablevm, as its configuration files are in /etc/sablevm and $HOME/.sablevm, its libraries in /usr/lib/sablevm, and its executable in /usr/bin. Where shouls JAVA_HOME point? [rhetorical question]

Etienne

--
Etienne M. Gagnon, Ph.D.             http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/