Re: findjava requirement

> What is findjava going to be written in again? Perl? That would suck if
> that's the case. Surely we can find a way to launch a Java language
> runtime without using the Perl language runtime.

On the other hand, Perl deals with things like quoting and other
problems resulting from unanticipated command-line arguments somewhat
better than sh does (e.g., you can start the JVM by passing its
command-line arguments as an array, not by some piece of sh black magic
that gets the quotes right and separates arguments - some of which
may contain spaces - at exactly the right places [1]).

If writing it in Perl means we're more confident in its correctness in
all cases, I say let's do it.  After all, this is a script that will be
used by *every* Java package.

Ben.

[1] Perhaps you can do this in sh too and I just don't know how.
Regardless, I stand by the point made in the second paragraph.