Re: findjava requirement

What is findjava going to be written in again? Perl? That would suck if
that's the case. Surely we can find a way to launch a Java language
runtime without using the Perl language runtime.

I'm still not clear on why we cannot require every VM to provide a more
specifically detailed version of the JAVA_HOME ad hoc standard. We
should have a document that lists all of the $JAVA_HOME/bin/..foo..
$JAVA_HOME/lib/..bar.. locations that Debian Java packages expect to be
provided. Then, JAVA_HOME itself can be handled using alternatives and
live at /usr/lib/jvm[jre,gnuvm,etc.].

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 07:32, Jan Schulz wrote:
> Hm, remembering one of the presentation on the debcamp (from the
> web... The one including 'make it bad otherwise you won't get any
> comments'), it seems that there is now enough 'agreement' behind this
> proposal. Or am I wrong?

Ean Schuessler                                      ean@brainfood.com
Chief Technology Officer                           214-720-0700 x 315
Brainfood, Inc.                              http://www.brainfood.com