Re: findjava requirement

Hallo Dalibor,

* Dalibor Topic wrote:
>Hm, this is another 'stupid by design' issue. Sun has specified jni.h but
>hasn't specified the contents of jni_md.h. So it shouldn't be needed to build
>JNI apps. But Sun's jni.h apparently includes jni_md.h without specifying its
>search path. Unfortunately, jni_md.h seems to be stuck in a OS-specific
>directory, so Sun wants you to stuck the OS-specific directory to your
>compiler's header file seach path.

Thanks for giving a bit insight into that...

>So I wouldn't mandate that a VM has a include/something dir. Instead the policy
>should advise programs building with JNI to include both $JAVA_HOME/include/
>and $JAVA_HOME/include/linux if the build process is supported with sun's JDK.

Seem easier to just let 'mpkg-j2sdk' install it in the right location.
IBM did just that...

How about rewording this sentences:
[ant environment]
   [...]which includes
   bin/javadoc, which should be of the same API version as the virtual
   maschine and includes with the JNI header files includeable from there.

This can be either done by patching or by 'mv linux/* .'

Hm, remembering one of the presentation on the debcamp (from the
web... The one including 'make it bad otherwise you won't get any
comments'), it seems that there is now enough 'agreement' behind this
proposal. Or am I wrong?

Anyway: Thanks for this gread discussion! :)

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net
     "Wer nicht fragt, bleibt dumm."