SableVM & Eclipse [Was: [PROPOSAL] 4. RfD for...]

Hi Jan,

We should move this discussion to the SableVM developer mailing-list, if
you agree. [I am CC'ing this reply there].

See below for some answers.

Jan Schulz wrote:
Maybe you should file a bug report to get this documented in the man page.

Addd to TODO :) If this proposal gets through, you might consider
using 'java-sablevm' as the 'findjava' VM instead of 'sablevm'.

Grzegorz Prokopski, which maintains the Debian package will probably take note of
your suggestion when reading this message on the SableVM list. :-)

Unfortunatelly not enough :( Is there any switch to enable more
verbose output about *why* it failed?

There is the following switch: -v (or --verbose).

If this is not sufficient, you will need to compile SableVM from sources,
and pass a debugging option to ./configure, e.g.:

./configure --enable-debugging-features

This will enable two special properties in the VM that can be used as follows:

sablevm --property sablevm.verbose.methods=yes --property sablevm.verbose.instructions=yes MyClass

or (* if you manage to get the debian package to compile with these debugging
features, as sablevm-java is currently specific to the debian package *)

java-sablevm -Dsablevm.verbose.methods=yes -Dsablevm.verbose.instructions=yes MyClass

Be warned that these two properties do cause EXTENSIVELY verbose output!

Have fun!

Etienne

--
Etienne M. Gagnon, Ph.D.             http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/