Re: Re: [PROPOSAL] 4. RfD for a new debian java policy

Hi,

You typed the following:

  eclipse -consolelog -vm /usr/bin/sablevm -vmargs
  Including user settings ~/.eclipse/eclipserc...
  Using /home/jan/workspace for workspace
  Using /usr/bin/sablevm as java virtual machine...

/usr/bin/sablevm *IS* *NOT* argument compatible with Sun's Java.  If
you want to run SableVM using a Sun compatible argument/environment
(e.g. $CLASSPATH), you should use /usr/bin/java-sablevm.

/usr/bin/sablevm behaves as a standard GNU-like application, using
short (e.g. -v) and long (--classpath) command-line option.
/usr/bin/sablevm also looks into configuration files (/etc/sablevm,
$HOME/.sablevm) instead of looking for environment variables.

/usr/bin/java-sablevm, is a simple shell script that (1) converts java-like
arguments and environment variables into appropriates arguments for
sablevm, and (2) invokes it.

Maybe you should file a bug report to get this documented in the man page. ;-)

Now, I have not yet tried to run eclipse on sablevm, though, so I can't predict
if this would solve all your problems.

Note: Using Debian's alternative system, you can set /usr/bin/java as an alias
for /usr/bin/java-sablevm.

Have fun!

Etienne

--