Re: [PROPOSAL] New Virtual Packages and way to handle Classpath

Hallo Jan,

--- Jan Schulz <jasc.usenet@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hallo Dalibor,
>
> * Dalibor Topic wrote:
> >If the packages need java, the executable, they should use whatever 'java'
> is
> >in the PATH. If they need it to load
> >sun.only.dedicated.morons.use.this.api.Main, then they are broken and need
> >be fixed. There is no reason to use JAVA_HOME.
>
> I think we just agreed that this is simple not possible. Or so at
> least I have parsed this discussion.

Uh sorry, I wasn't clear then. I thought I had successfully lobbied against
using JAVA_HOME for finding executables or Sun's classes. The only remaining
reason why that's not possible would be the JNI includes, right?

I haven't used JNI much, so it would be nice if someone who packages a JNI
library could chip in here and provide some insight about what's necesary, and
how they use to find it.

cheers,
dalibor topic