Re: Moving packages to main, was Re: CDBS class for Ant

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:40:16 +0200
Stefan Gybas <sgybas@debian.org> wrote:

> Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
>
> > I'll  be on holliday  until september  9. Stefan,  will your  ant*.mk be
> > included in the official cdbs package?
>
> Yes, they are part of CDBS since version 0.4.5.3, so if you want to make
> use of ant.mk, you need to add a versioned build dependency to your package.

Nice! ;)

> > I plan to move  all my package that work with ant  to cdbs. Some will be
> > able to go to main! ;)
>
> Great! As some might have noticed, I have uploaded libant1.5-java for
> main yesterday. Once it is accepted by the FTP admins we can start the
> migration.
>
> I think we should have a consistent naming for the souce packages,
> especially the Jakarta Commons packages. Some source packages are named
> commons-*, others are named libcommons-*-java. I think the latter is
> better because it makes it easier for users to find the binary packages
> on the FTP's servers package pool. What about changing the source
> package name while moving to main? The FTP admins have to change to
> override file anyway.

Excellent but it  also means some work for you!..  you'll have to remove
some directories from pkg-java! ;).. will it be possible?

Best regards,

--
  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 : :' :     Arnaud   Vandyck