Re: servlets/JSP's development environment - disregard top post

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-java-faq/ch5.html#s5.1
> - you should not agree to use the sun version because
> of the SCSL (?) - )
>
> I have not seen a J2EE anywhere but with sun.

christopher, thanks for the response, i really appreciate it.

First, you will need Java. Add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://www.tux.org/pub/java/debian unstable main non-free

-ok, this is something i have wondered about. I run woody stable, will the
above unstable source only apply to java packages. (i.e it won't effect
other packages or stable sources on my system?, unstable java packages will
work with my stable system?)

Then do "apt-get update" followed by "apt-get install j2sdk1.3" or
"apt-get install j2sdk1.4"
-ok, thanks

You can install tomcat from the packages, but I don't use it so I won't
say too much.
-ok

There are several EJB containers out there, but you will need to
download them from the appropriate websites. Try Resin or JBoss. I like
Resin, but JBoss may be more popular. Neither of them are 100% free.

-i'm not familiar with EJB?

The Eclipse IDE can be installed by "apt-get install eclipse" :)
-ok
CT

http://mail2web.com/ .