Re: J2EE Problem - The Next Step

OK, I seemed to have solved my problem, somewhat.  In order to get j2ee to start
up correctly, I had to do the following.

Set J2EE_HOME in /etc/profile, /root/.profile and /home/<username>/.bash_profile
with the following:

J2EE_HOME="/usr/local/lib/j2ee"
export J2EE_HOME

Then I had to modify the file /usr/local/lib/j2ee/bin/j2ee.
First, I commented out the following line:

# BINDIR=`dirname $0`

Then I added the following line right below it:

BINDIR="$J2EE_HOME/bin"

Then I had to make the same modification in the file
/usr/local/lib/j2ee/bin/setenv.sh

In order to start up j2ee, I have to be root.  This isn't a problem for me, but
is this the way it should be?  When does as a regular user, it starts with a
warning message: "Cannot write the seed file for fast startup."  I assumed this
was a permissions issue.  It then gives about three RuntimeException errors that
suggest that the server may already be running.  I checked just to be sure, and
it isn't.

Now, the question I have is: Is there a way to get the original BINDIR line to
work as it should?  Many of the executables in the j2ee/bin directory set this
line, and at some point I'll have to go through and change them if I cannot
solve this "properly."

Thanx,
msd