Re: Eclipse error - UnsatisfiedLinkError now !

* Michael S Daines <ax2groin@arbornet.org> wrote:
> Now, Eclipse begins start-up, but then fails and tells me to check the log.
> Here's what I see:
> Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> swt-pi-gtk-2133.so: /usr/lib/libpangoxft-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
> FT_Seek_Stream
> OK, first my system is Woody, r1, with some unstable packages.

Have you just goten the unstable debs of eclipse  and installed on
debian woody? backported unstable or simple installed debs?

On woody you have to backport eclipse packages yourself:
apt-get source eclipse-sdk
cd eclipse-2.1
dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc -rfakeroot
#wait a quarter...
dpkg -i ../../*deb

How the hell did you install eclipse? It shouldn't be possibel to
install it out of the box on woody. Where did you get you gtk
packages from?

I can compile and run eclipse with backported gtk libs from unstable
just fine.

Jan