mozilla and java plugin, debian unstable

ii  java-common    0.20           Base of all Java packages
ii  j2re1.4        1.4.0.99beta-1 Blackdown Java(TM) 2 Runtime
Environment, St
ii  j2se-common    1.1            Common facilities for all Java2 Standard
Edi
ii  mozilla-browse 1.3-5          Mozilla Web Browser - core and browser
ii  mozilla-psm    1.3-5          Mozilla Web Browser - Personal Security
Mana
ii  mozilla-xmlter 1.3-5          Mozilla Web Browser - XML enabled

I am running Debian unstable, above is a list of the packages I have
installed relating to java and mozilla.

ii  galeon         1.3.4.20030509 GNOME web browser for advanced users
rc galeon-common  1.2.8-3    Mozilla based web browser with GNOME look

I also have galeon installed and here's an error message I get from galeon
when loading and it tries to load the java plugin.

Detected version of bookmarks file: unknown (galeon1)
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/lib/j2se/1.4/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so [/usr/l
ib/j2se/1.4/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so: undefined symbol:
GetGlobalServiceManager__16nsServiceManage
rPP17nsIServiceManager]

I installed Mozilla from the "stable" archive and it works fine with java,
I think the problem is something I heard about different versions of gcc
being used to build mozilla and java which causes a conflict, does this
sound right to anyone?  If so, what should I do to fix it?

Any help would be great.  Thanks in advance,
Donnie