Re: mozilla and java plugin, debian unstable

On Thu, 15 May 2003 donnie@mail.darthik.com wrote:
[snip]
> I installed Mozilla from the "stable" archive and it works fine with java,
> I think the problem is something I heard about different versions of gcc
> being used to build mozilla and java which causes a conflict, does this
> sound right to anyone?  If so, what should I do to fix it?

Use the jre/jdk compiled with gcc 3.2 if you want to work with unstable.
Use the one compiled with gcc 2.95 for stable/testing.

The gcc 3.2 compiled jre/jdk is only available as tar.gz AFAIK.
Debs are still in the works...

regards,
Thomas
--

	- Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.