Re: [PROPOSAL] Add some package from 'classpath'

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 17:48, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

> Mark Howard <mh@tildemh.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 15:15, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> > > My opinion is make the separate jar from the classpath source package
> > > and don't worry about version problem. Each time you update classpath,
> > > the three or four additionnal packages will be upgraded (even if
> > > nothing change). I do not think it's a problem.
> > They will only be upgraded if the binary packages depend on the same
> > version of each other.
>
> No! they are generated from the same source package! So if you install
> swingall.jar (0.5, from classpath 0.5) and classpath upgrade to 0.6,
> then you'll have the swingall.jar (0.6, from classpath 0.6)
Version 0.6 will be available, but there will be nothing to stop a user
from upgrading just part of this unless dependencies/conflicts are
added.

> > > I think just adding a 'fastjar' command to make the additionnal jar's
> > > and 'install' them into the separate packages is enough.
> > Also remove them from the original archive and modify any tools which
> > use this so that they also look at the new jar files.. we shouldn't
> > duplicate the classes.
>
> I do not think we have to remove them from the original classpath
> package cause it will *always* be the same one!.. I think... :-)
So we should have the exact same class file in the original classpath
file as now and also repeated in the new libswing-java?
--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :