Re: SUN java

Stephen Zander <gibreel@debian.org> writes:

>     Thomas> From a quick Google; Stephen Zander is probably the
>     Thomas> person to ask, he had some pre-release of the 'official'
>     Thomas> Debian Blackdown-packages on his home-page on people.d.o
>     Thomas> (The answer should also be in the archives, but couldn't
>     Thomas> find it easily.)
>
> AFAIK, Caldera are the only independent licensors of Sun j2se code
> outside of Blackdown so unless you got an rpm from them, technically
> it's still illegal (i'm sure there are a couple of Redhat lurkers on
> the list so we'll see how long it takes for my recollection to get
> flamed :))

Apropos flaming :*)

According to Sun it's OK to have our .deb packages on Debian mirrors
but debian-legal has some problems with the license so they're not
available from non-free.

> I have build j2se1.3 packages for woody & sid and made them
> available to the rest of the Blackdown team (I'm a mostly inactive
> member) but they've not yet made it to the Blackdown mirrors.  I
> don't know why; they are probably waiting on potato packages as
> well.

No, I've just been busy with other work.  More in private mail.

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html