Getting ant and kaffe to play nice

Hi everyone. I've been experimenting with jikes and kaffe as
alternatives to using the jdk. Though jikes seems to work great
(except for the notable lack of jpda suppot), I'm having some problems
with ant. When running ant with kaffe, I get the following exception:

org.apache.xerces.validators.datatype.InvalidDatatypeFacetException: [exception was kaffe.util.SupportDisabled: GNU gmp was not found by Kaffe configure script]

Has anyone manged to get ant and kaffe to play nice? I found a post a
few months ago from Stefan Gybas which reported similer problems.

I'm using the latest available version of kaffe - 1.0.6