Re: Cannot open /proc/xxx?

    Stephane> I'm sure I've already seen this bug, and it was
    Stephane> JDK-related, but I cannot find it in the BTS. Any
    Stephane> memory, someone?

It's a bug in the native threads VM in 1.1.7-v3.  The recommonend fix
is to upgrade to 1.1.8-v1 or 1.2.2-RC4 (which are not available as
debian packages currently).  A work-around is to set
THREADS_FLAG=green or to deinstall jdk1.1-native.

As for 1.2.2, is there any interest to get J2SE into Debian?  Sun is
thinking about giving non-commercial Linux distributions a special
license for redistributing J2SE.  It still would be non-free but I
think it would be a better solution than installer packages.

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html