Re: JFORK: Or a reasonable response to the Sun SCSL

Seth R Arnold wrote:

> Well, if Ean's interpretation is correct, a different VM will STILL fall
> under the SCSL license, if they used the Java 2.x specs to produce it.
Why take a chance on anyone's interpretation, especially attorneys or
the courts? Just setup the specs for the HURD VM in a fashion that meets
or exceeds those required for the system to operate. The people who
currently develop java applications, classes, servlets, etc. could then
easily port their stuff to the new more robust and faster system. I can
assure you that if we build it, and build it better they will come!!!
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems