Re: JFORK: Or a reasonable response to the Sun SCSL

Tim Wilkinson wrote:
  The real issue here is not Java so much as the perception of
> the SCSL and right now I don't know how you effectively change that - I
> boycott it but how do you presuade the 250,000 people who downloaded Star
> Office to do the same.
By simply building better software, and we already know that the Debian
developers can do that!!! BTW, I use StarOffice and will continue to do
so until I find something better. I expect that to arrive this fall from
Corel. As I said, I do not mind paying for software. I just really hate
not having any choices ( Microsoft reference)!
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems