Re: A bug against kaffe fror Java programs which fail?

On Monday 6 September 1999, at 11 h 40, the keyboard of Seth R Arnold
<sarnold@willamette.edu> wrote:

> Stephane, it might be best to file the bugreports upstream.. the problems in
> kaffe also apply to redhat, suse, and probably non-linux distributions too.

Yes, but this is not the common Debian way. We always fill bugs against Debian
packages (for the user, a bug is a bug, wether Debian-created or not), and the
Debian maintainer is supposed to study it, and forward it upstream if
applicable. That way, the user knows what the bugs are.

My question was rather, should we fill the bugs aginst kaffe or against the
Java program which fails with Kaffe?