Re: kaffe orphaned?

On Monday 6 September 1999, at 20 h 49, the keyboard of "Ean R . Schuessler"
<ean@novare.net> wrote:

> have perhaps not been optimally responsive I believe that I have kept my
> kaffe installs fairly current.

Ean, you will not like what I'll write. If you prefer to stay cool, you may
want to delete this message right now.

IMHO, you do not take care a lot of the Debian package of kaffe. It is not a personal attack (you certainly do a lot of work for free software on other projects) but I have the same experience as Mike Goldman: the bug list of kaffe is not addressed very often and anyone can see it on the BTS.

There are certainly good reasons (job, family, illness, etc). I don't care with them: we are not trying to distribute rewards or blames, we are trying to make Debian work at best. Free Java has already enough problems.

I know it is uncommon in Debian to simply say the truth ("You no longer does a fine job on this package") but I believe we should take this habit.

Since I find that Mike Goldman currently does a fine job with jikes, I certainly support the take over.