Re: Status of Free Java Environment?

Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> writes:

> First, libgcj is not gcc.  Secondly, Cygnus needs to be able to
> release code under a *less* restrictive license to its embedded
> customers.  That is one reason it keeps the copyright.  I (and
> others) think the best solution is to have libgcj under a "modified
> GPL", like Cygnus does for libstdcc+, the standard C++ library,
> as well as libgcc (which is *not* libc)..

According to the /usr/doc/libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1/copyright file:

  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
  under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
  Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any
  later version.

Where is the modification?