Re: (comp) fbiterm and Japanese (and French...)

On Tue Oct  3 at 11:17 (+0200), David Kuehling wrote:
> > I am still surprised that the default locale is not by
> > default a UTF-8 encoded one.
>
> I'm surprised, too :)

Nothing surprising here: too many people opposing it (especially
Europeans).

But don't listen to my pessimism. Etch will have UTF-8 by default.

> I would really suggest you try to get X-Windows working.

It's true that m17n is X has become pretty comfortable, provided you use
the "right" apps. Using only gnome or only KDE apps is an easy way to do
that. My personal experience is with gnome + uim + anthy and I can
comfortably switch between English, French, Finnish and Japanese. Not
sure how it compares with MacOS though. It could very well be that MacOS
is still better in that regard.

Cheers,
Thomas

--